As Entrepreneurs we’re always chasing the clock. It can feel like there’s never enough time to get everything done. The smaller your company, the harder it is.
To create a successful company you must think about more than just marketing which means you must dedicate time to consider other areas of your company. Once you have a team it’s easier because your focus becomes meetings, training, collaborating and updates on marketing, sales, financial, people development, etc.
I remember when it was just me and even when I only had 1 employee how we felt stretched all the time until I learned to master my focus.
Now I have a team but I also have 3 businesses totalling over $4 million in revenue this year so I’m juggling a lot (but here I am making time to post on my mediocre website anyway while renovating my kitchen on Strategy Sunday).
I always create my weekly strategy on Sunday so that during the week I don’t need to think about the plan I can just execute.
You must have a plan which means you must create one which means you must have a method to create one.
Here’s my method:
- Get in a good headspace: Workout, juice, meditate, yoga…whatever it takes to get “in the zone”.
- Map out all the areas you need to focus on this week.
- Write out your vision and goals for each area.
- List out the action items to accomplish those goals
- Prioritize the list
- Block your time during the week when you will execute, try to set larger time blocks like a couple hours
- Work the plan: When you’re working the plan close all distractions, turn off phone, close tabs, email, etc
All that matters is what gets done, it’s not hard, it’s just do it.
Unfortunately we always default to what is easiest: posting on social, checking stats, messing with email and we’re not progressing towards growth.
Get out of that, set your goals, come up with the steps to achieve and make it happen.
When the next #StrategySunday comes:
- What got done?
- What did you get from that?
- What are the next steps for that area?
- What didn’t get done?
- Why not?
- What do you have to shift to get that done next week?
It’s a simple process but it doesn’t work if you don’t work it.
Follow me: @ChrisJCrawford to learn more of how to #BecomeAVisionary